The Central Eurasian Studies Society (CESS) executive board is proud to host this curated communication channel for the latest on scholarship about the Central Eurasian region. We have been blogging since March 2013.
Find our most recent posts on the right side of this page, browse our CESS bloggers’ posts in the “CESS Blog Authors” tab, peruse our tags to find stories of interest. Featured are regular blog posts about Central Eurasian scholarship from a team of columnists. We also post guest contributions, such as field research reports, conference summaries, and photo essays. Our columns also ponder about trending ideas in the study of the region.
You can subscribe to The CESS Blog via email or RSS feed. Follow us on Twitter – @CESS_news – and like us on Facebook. Happy reading! The views expressed in this blog are solely those of the individual authors, and do not reflect the opinions of the leadership or membership of the Central Eurasian Studies Society.
Contact us if you have any material you’d like to contribute as a guest post, or even to become a regular blogger. If you are a scholar, analyst, or observer of the region, please contact the CESS Blog Editor, Morgan Y. Liu (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your ideas for a blog piece. Consider the possibilities:
- summarize your own research or work
- review someone else’s work
- provide thoughtful evaluation of real-time events
- identify new trends in the region, or in the scholarship
- post a research trip photo essay
- re-post a relevant blog entry from a partner or related site
- report about a recent conference or panel
- write an evaluation of research funding, the job market, publishing, or other professional issues