The Central Eurasian Studies Society (CESS) Executive Board is proud to host this curated communication channel for the latest in scholarship relating to the Central Eurasian region. We have been blogging since March 2013.
Find our most recent posts on the right side of this page, browse our CESS bloggers’ posts in the CESS Blog Authors tab, or peruse our tags to find stories of interest. We feature regular blog posts about Central Eurasian scholarship from a team of columnists, and often guest contributions, such as field research reports, conference summaries, and photo essays. Our columns consider trending ideas in the study of the region.
The views expressed in this blog are solely those of the individual authors, and do not reflect the opinions of the leadership or membership of the Central Eurasian Studies Society.
Contact us if you have any material you’d like to contribute as a guest post, or even to become a regular blogger. If you are a scholar, analyst, or observer of the region, please contact the CESS Blog Editor with your ideas for a blog piece. Contributors must be members of CESS.
Consider the possibilities:
- summarize your own research or work
- review someone else’s work
- provide thoughtful evaluation of real-time events
- identify new trends in the region, or in the scholarship
- post a research trip photo essay
- re-post a relevant blog entry from a partner or related site
- report about a recent conference or panel
- write an evaluation of research funding, the job market, publishing, or other professional issues